Who doesn’t love a yummy pesto? For a fun, summery twist on the classic Italian sauce, I opt for cilantro instead of traditional basil as my base ingredient. This vegan recipe is full of lime, nuts and seasonal spices. Prefer it creamy? Simply add 1/2 an avocado to the mix. You’ll need a food processor and less than 10 minutes to make this delicious & healthy Cilantro Pesto.
• 1/2- 3/4 Cup Raw Shelled Pistachios OR 1/2 Cup Raw Pine Nuts
• 2 Decent Full Bunches Of Cilantro
• Juice Of 1/2 Lemon & 1/2 Lime
• 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
• 1/2 Tsp Paprika
• 1/2 Tsp Cumin
• 1/2 Tsp Coriander
• 1/4 Tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
• 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup or Sunroot Sweetener
• *Optional- 1/4th Serrano Pepper, small handful of Spinach, ½ Avocado
1. Combine all Ingredients in food processor.
2. Blend until smooth & serve!
photo by Sidney Bensimon