Oct 29 | MOVE BEYOND
The Complete Leg Workout
There are countless workout classes dedicated to leg strengthening, but you don’t need to take a class to get a full lower body workout. Below are 3 leg exercises you can sprinkle into your current workout regime or take advantage of while on the go. Combine these exercises for a full lower body workout including quads, hamstrings, inner and outer thighs, calves and glutes.
Targets inner and outer thighs, glutes, quads
1. Start in standing position with feet shoulder width apart2. Cross your right leg behind your body while squatting on the left leg3. Cross your left leg behind your body while squatting on the right leg
4. Repeat 10-15 times, for 3 sets
Targets calves, quads, glutes
1. Start in standing position, hands on your hips
2. Pull your right knee up so that you are balancing on your left leg3. Raise your left heel off of the ground, engaging your left calf muscle4. Repeat 10 times on each leg, for 2 sets
Targets hamstrings, glutes, quads
1. Lay on your back, knees bent
2. Be sure to keep your rib cage closed and engage your abdominal muscles which protect your back3. Thrust your hips up, engaging your hamstrings and glutes4. Repeat 10 times, for 3 sets
Share Your Thoughts with the Author
- I am Beautiful.
- I Belong.
- I am Kind.
- I am Me.
- I Live my Life Beyond.