Your fabulous summer vacay doesn’t have to mean a break from working out. Keep that core strong all summer long with exercises you can do anywhere! Below are 4 easy to follow movements for a complete abdominal workout.
1. Start in Plank Position, keeping your back as parallel to the ground as possible.
2. Raise your right knee to your right elbow.
3. Return to plank position.
4. Continue alternating sides for 10 reps on each side.
5. Rest for 10 seconds, and repeat for 3 sets.
*For an added challenge, do an additional set pulling opposite knees to opposite elbows.
1. Start lying flat on your back, legs slightly elevated, hands behind your head.
2. Pull your left knee up towards your chest, and bring your right elbow to meet your knee.
3. Repeat the same motion on the opposite leg, meeting opposite elbow.
4. Alternate legs and elbows, making a bicycle motion for 10 reps on each side.
5. Repeat 10 reps on each side, 3-4 times, resting for 10 seconds between sets.
*For an added challenge, add more reps.
1. Start lying flat on your back, legs slightly elevated. Pull your right leg towards your chest and clap behind your knee.
2. Alternate legs, and clap behind your left knee.
3. Repeat this motion for 10 reps on each side, 3-4 times, resting for 10 seconds between sets.
*As always, you can repeat the motions and/or reps for an added challenge.
1. Start in plank position. Dip your left hip as close to the ground without touching.
2. Swivel your hips to dip the fight hip to the ground without making contact with the ground.
3. Repeat 15 times. Try to complete 3 reps, resting for 10-15 seconds between reps.
*For an added challenge, either add amount of dips on each side, and/or reps.