Jun 5 | TASTE BEYOND
Sweet & Sour Kale Chips
Kale is an excellent source of beta-carotene and it’s high in Vitamins K, C & A, which help to prevent inflammation, joint pain and kidney stones. It’s also extremely alkaline and rich in chlorophyll, which is great for the skin! High sulfur-containing phytonutrients help to support the body’s natural elimination and detoxification process. Raw Kale is high in enzymes and aids in digestion — plus it’s a great source of soluble fiber and iron.
Nourish your body, while satisfying your sweet (and sour!) tooth with this delicious Kale Chip Recipe:
SWEET/SOUR CREAM & ONION KALE CHIPS
2 bunches of kale, spine removed (save for juicing!)
1-2 cloves garlic
1 med onion
1/4 cup tahini (+1tbs for extra creaminess!)
½ tbsp. raw honey
½ lemon- juiced
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar (optional)
½ tsp. sea salt
Dash of black pepper (optional)
1 tbsp. filtered water
1. De-spine & chop or tear up kale.
2. Place all other ingredients in food processor, blend until smooth
3. Cover kale with smoothed mixture & toss with hands or tongs until fully distributed
4. Place onto 2 or 3 dehydrator sheets or parchment lined cookie sheet
5. Dehydrate for 5 hours or until crunchy at 118
6. Or dry in the oven on the lowest temp with oven door left open slightly (times will vary in oven-roughly 1-2 hours)
7. Once dry & crunchy- store in an airtight container
Share Your Thoughts with the Author
- I am Beautiful.
- I Belong.
- I am Kind.
- I am Me.
- I Live my Life Beyond.