Jul 17 | TASTE BEYOND
Recipe: Vegan Summer Trifle
Coconut whipped cream:
2 cans of full fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
A pinch of sea salt
1 tsp real maple syrup
1. By putting the coconut milk in the fridge, you separate the liquid from the cream as it hardens. Scoop out the cream from each of the coconut milk cans and place it in a bowl fitted with a whisk attachment (if you don’t have one, just use a regular bowl and a hand mixer). You can either discard the liquid that’s left in the cans, or else place them in an airtight container and use it for your protein shakes.
2. Add the vanilla, salt and maple syrup to the bowl and whip the cream on high speed until light and fluffy, about 30 seconds. Set aside.
1 cup white rice flour
1 cup oat flour
1/4 cup sweet sorghum flour
1/4 cup arrowroot
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp sea salt
3/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup cold water
1 pint of fresh blueberries, washed and dried
1 pint of fresh strawberries, washed, dried and sliced
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :
1. Preheat the oven to 325F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Place all the dry ingredients into a large bowl, and whisk together, making sure there are no lumps (use your fingers if you have to).
3. Add the wet ingredients, and use a rubber spatula to mix it all together. Place in the fridge to harden for at least 30-40 minutes.
4. Once hardened, scoop out a tablespoon of dough at a time and place on the baking sheet. Press down gently with the palm of your hand. Place each cookie about 1 1/2 inches apart.
5. Bake for 7 minutes, then rotate the pan, and bake for another 6-7 minutes or until brown. Let the cookies cool.
Take a small tumbler glass or mini mason jar. Place a layer of crumbled sugar cookies along the bottom of the glass. Then place a spoonful of coconut whipped cream. Then line the glass with blueberries along the outside, and fill in the middle with them. Then place another layer of crumbled sugar cookies, another layer of coconut whipped cream, and a layer or sliced strawberries. Place some blueberries in the center of the strawberries, and voila! A healthy, allergy friendly 4th of July recipe that everyone will love!
Share Your Thoughts with the Author
- I am Beautiful.
- I Belong.
- I am Kind.
- I am Me.
- I Live my Life Beyond.