Apr 23 | TASTE BEYOND
Recipe: Halibut with Leeks
1.5-2 lbs of Halibut
3 large leeks, cut into 1/4 inch pieces (whites and light green parts only)
1/2 – 1 cup extra virgin olive oil (give or take)
3 lbs cherry tomatoes, halved
Salt and pepper to taste
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :
1. Heat the pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons EVOO.
2. Once the oil is hot, add 1/4 of the chopped leeks to the pan. You want to crisp these up to use as a garnish to finish the meal, so get them nice and brown and crispy, but don’t burn them! Once they are crispy, take them out of the pan and put them aside on a plate lined with a paper towel to catch the grease.
3. Using the same pan, turn the heat down to medium-low. Add about 1/2 cup to 1 cup of EVOO, or however much you need to coat the entire bottom of the pan so that the oil comes up about 1/2 inch up the sides. The EVOO is going to be part of the sauce, so you can be generous with it!
4. Once the oil is hot, add the rest of the leeks. Sweat them for 10-15 minutes until they are soft, buttery and translucent. You can add salt and pepper at this stage, or you can wait until the end.
5. Once the leeks are soft, add the cherry tomatoes.
6. Once the tomatoes are in the pan, turn up the flame so as to let the oil, tomatoes and leeks simmer together for about 15 minutes. Let everything reduce together. After 15 minutes or so, put the cover over the pan on low flame and let them cook out for another 15-20 minutes. If you haven’t seasoned with salt and pepper yet, do it now.
7. Meanwhile, wash and dry your fish. Place in a baking dish. Coat with a little bit of olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and salt and pepper on both sides. Bake at 350F for about 20 minutes, covering it with tin foil for the first 15 minutes, and removing the foil for the last 5. If your fish is really thick and not cooked after 20 minutes, turn the heat up to 400F and bake it another 5-7 minutes, or until done. Take it out of the oven and cover it with tin foil to let it rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
8. To serve, take a large spoonful of leeks and tomatoes and lay it down on the plate. Then place a piece of fish on top, followed by more leeks and tomatoes, followed by the crispy leeks you prepared earlier.
Share Your Thoughts with the Author
"Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love." —Brené Brown
- I am Beautiful.
- I Belong.
- I am Kind.
- I am Me.
- I Live my Life Beyond.
Beyond Yoga bottoms are designed to seamlessly take you from studio-to-street. By incoporating innovative details such as mesh insets, crisscrossing straps and bold graphic prints, you can look chic anywhere you go. All of our workout bottoms and yoga pants are made from the best, most luxurious fabrics with no hassle care. Designed for real women's bodies, our bottoms are form-flattering and available in XXL to petite sizes. These are the best yoga pants you'll ever own! They are so comfortable; you'll never want to wear anything else.
The Perfect Gift
An eGift card from Beyond Yoga is the perfect gift for the yogi and style seeker in your life.