Oct 13 | LIVE BEYOND
October: Make A Difference
The fourth Saturday in October is National Make a Difference Day. Initiated in 1990, this national day is devoted to helping others. For some of us, that means volunteering our time. For others, it means making purchases that make a difference in the world.
In honor of the upcoming day on October 24th, we’ve rounded up some of our favorite products that are awesome and also give back.
1. SOMA WATER FILTERS: Every time you buy a Soma filter, they donate to charity water projects. These contributions go directly to sustainable, community-owned water projects in developing countries.
2. APOLIS CLASSIC MARKET BAG: Sales of these artisan Apolis market bags support 22 underprivileged women in Bangladesh, helping to transform a small community through industry.
3. LSTN HEADPHONES: Lstn helps give back by funding hearing restoration efforts for people in need.
4. S’WELL WATER BOTTLE: For every Wood Collection bottle sold, S’well will plant a tree with American Forests.
5. WARBY PARKER: Warby Parker’s “Buy a Pair, Give a Pair” program means that for every pair of eyeglasses sold, a pair is donated to someone in need.
6. ONE HOPE WINE: Each bottle of this Napa wine sold goes to support charities via the One Hope Foundation.
Share Your Thoughts with the Author
- I am Beautiful.
- I Belong.
- I am Kind.
- I am Me.
- I Live my Life Beyond.