Oct 3 | TASTE BEYOND
Coconut Curry Soup
As the seasons begin to shift, it’s imperative that we shift with them to keep ourselves in alignment with the ebb & flow of the earth. Eating warming foods and spices keeps our body temperature in balance and our immunity strong. Check out this simple, tasty soup and have fun adding in seasonal root vegetables and squash variations!
2 medium onions, finely chopped
2 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon curry powder
1 -1.5 teaspoons Himalayan sea salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne (optional!)
1 Large Butternut Squash- peeled, chopped (substitute/add carrots, kabocha, acorn, parsnips or other seasonal root veggies)
1 Large Sweet potato – peeled, chopped
2-3 cups water (depending on how creamy you like it!)
1 can unsweetened organic coconut milk
2 tablespoons coconut butter (optional –adds flavor & texture)
1 tbsp. raw honey
Few decent splashes of coconut aminos
- Combine coconut oil & onions over medium heat and sauté for 3-5 minutes or until slightly caramelized
- Add ginger, cumin, coriander, turmeric & curry powder to onion mixture and heat on low until aromatic but not burnt (1min max)
- Combine all other ingredients + water and bring to a boil for 5 mins
- Reduce to a medium simmer, covered for 10-15 minutes
- Remove from heat & Let cool for at least 10 minutes
- Place in bender & blend for about 3 minutes (or use hand blender in pot)
- Return to pot, warm slightly & serve. Add sea salt and pepper to taste
- Top with fresh Cilantro or Basil & Enjoy!
Serves 2-4. This recipe is Gluten-free and Vegan.
Share Your Thoughts with the Author
- I am Beautiful.
- I Belong.
- I am Kind.
- I am Me.
- I Live my Life Beyond.